Thursday, December 07, 2006

The Snow is Snowing All Around

The snow is snowing all around,
It's in the air, it's on the ground.
The snow is snowing everywhere!
It's on the ground, it's in the air.

See those flakes flutter and fly,
See them falling from the sky.
They look like angels bright,
dancing in the morning light.
Or like frosty fireflies,
here to brighten winter skies.


I wrote this little snow song during the sweet girl's very first winter, and we've sung it every snow since. It will always have a special place in my heart because I remember writing it as I held her, just a tiny baby, cradled against me, while I looked out the window at a gently falling snow.

I'm so glad she still likes this song! At one point it did have other verses (and I'm sure I could dig them up somewhere, as I did put it all down on paper) but it's this first verse that's really stuck. Now here we are singing it at the almost-beginning of her fifth winter. The time is flying about as fast as the snowflakes outside...

2 comments:

Erin said...

What a great thing to be able to sing a song that you wrote together! I especially love the last two lines. What a great image...

Beth said...

Yes, this one is special! :-) And it's helped me reconcile myself to the fact that winter really seems to be here now... (sigh...)