Monday, August 20, 2007

Calling All Literary Knitters!

I've been thinking for some time that I'd like to learn to knit.

Now I'm sure of it.

I was glancing through some of the fun tid-bits on the AustenBlog the other day, and found this link to a website called Yarn Love. They sell hand-dyed yarn in gorgeous colors. And as you'll see if you click on the above link, almost all of their yarns are named after literary heroines or famous women.

Aren't they gorgeous yarns? I am now wishing wistfully for a skein of the "Elizabeth Benett" yarn, and the talent to know how to make something lovely with it. Perhaps a wonderfully warm scarf I could wrap up in on those cold, winter days when I love nothing more than to curl up with a Jane Austen novel, or sip a cup of warm tea while I watch the 1995 Pride and Prejudice mini-series...again.

3 comments:

Erin said...

This yarn would go perfectly with the book-inspired tea you blogged about a while back! A couple years ago I managed to knit... something, I don't remember what. I just remember it took forever. But I'd like to give it another shot one of these days.

Beth said...

I know! I wanted to mention the tea again, but when I went to the link, I couldn't find it. The woman who ran the tea business still has a blog there, but I couldn't tell that she was selling any products anymore. Bummer. :-(

I really think I'd like to learn to knit, though I suspect I wouldn't be any good at it. But hey, if Hermione can do it...

knittingmama said...

http://howe2knit.blogspot.com/