Monday, August 11, 2008

Feeling Sheepish

I've not had time to blog for a while, for all sorts of reasons. August has turned out to be incredibly busy, especially as I slide the slippery slope toward school. The sweet girl and I begin first grade (year 2 of our homeschooling journey) on the 25th, and that's also the week the seminary class I'm teaching (Anglican Essentials) goes online.

In the meantime, I'm trying to coordinate the craft projects for our church's upcoming VBS, which will run next week. We're doing the Good Shepherd (Psalm 23) as the week's theme. Who knew how many lame lamb crafts were online? :-)

Seriously, I'm having fun but feeling a tad bit overwhelmed as I try to find "sheep" crafts that will work for various ages from pre-k on up to rising 6th graders. I've learned to felt wool this week (and the sweet girl had a lot of fun helping me with that) and I'm finding various types of coloring pages, puppets, paper plate crafts, etc. For the third day we'll be focusing on the shepherd becoming a sheep, so we'll focus on the birth of Jesus. It's been very interesting looking for manger crafts in August. I'm sure I'm throwing off all sorts of search engine statistics!

If anyone knows of any good sheep-y crafts, let me know...

No comments: