Thursday, April 09, 2009

Little Ray of Sunshine

We had a delightful Betsy-Ray-like moment yesterday. The sweet girl had decided to pen "love notes" to me and her Dad (her newest craze) and trailed after me with marker in hand. "How do you spell 'you're a sweetie?'" she wanted to know.

Of course that made me laugh. I was remembering the delightful moment in the Betsy-Tacy books when Mrs. Ray says that Betsy has been making up stories for years. She used to follow me around asking 'how do you spell "going down the street?"

I wonder if I ever trailed after my Mom asking similar questions...

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hee! I know I did! Or at least I did the opposite, when I was reading, trailing after her and spelling words out and asking what they were...

Unknown said...

Erin, somehow I can picture that! ;-)