Wednesday, September 30, 2009

High School is Just "Heaven to Betsy"!

That's the name of my review of Maud Hart Lovelace's Heaven to Betsy, which I posted at Epinions the other day in honor of the Harper Betsy-Tacy reissues.

I had a lovely time re-reading and then reviewing HTB. And of course, I found myself wanting to keep going, so I'm now re-reading Betsy in Spite of Herself. Hopefully a review forthcoming in October!

I also got my copy of the reissue of Heaven to Betsy/Betsy in Spite of Herself (they've been bound as one volume) for giveaway! That's right, it's Betsy-Tacy convert week. I found a book-loving family at our church that had never heard of the series. They have two girls, somewhere around the ages of 10 and 12, and I passed the book on to them along with a letter telling them about my own lifelong love of the series.

All the folks participating in the B-T Convert Week have been assigned a society. I'm a Zetamathian, just like Betsy. Go Zets! Though darn, I hear that cute new boy Joe Willard is a Philo...

All this Lovelace reading has me in a very Betsy-Tacy frame of mind, so I've also spent time this week revisiting a B-T writing project I started last year. I'm tentatively calling it "The Betsy-Tacy Guide to Americana." More on this soon, if I'm able to continue working on it.

2 comments:

Sarah M. said...

It's always fun to find another BT fan. :)

I can't remember now how I found your blog, but if you're interested I'm hosting a Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge at my blog. Sign up ends this Saturday. (http://libraryhospital.blogspot.com)

Beth said...

I'm sorry I missed the reading challenge (I've been a bit challenged for time these days!) but it sounds like a great idea.

I've been re-reading my way through most of the B-T books this autumn, which I tend to do every year or so. Perennial favorites!

Thanks for sending the link to your blog. I always enjoy connecting with and reading the thoughts of other book bloggers!