Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Countdown Begins: Fuse #8's Top 100 Children's Novels

Hooray! Betsy Bird, blogging as Fuse #8 over at SLJ, has officially tabulated her poll results. She began counting down the top 100 children's novels (chapter books for mid-grade readers) yesterday.

Here are #s55-51.
And the link to #s60-56.
Here's #s65-61.
Click here for #70-66.
Check here for #s75-71.
Here's the link to #s80-76.
Here's a link to #s85-81.
You can find #s90-86 here.
And #s100-91 are here.

She's writing up extensive notes on each book, and including various covers, interesting tidbits about film adaptations and other resources. It's excellent reading for anyone who loves children's literature.

I've already cheered the inclusion of some favorites, and been intrigued by a couple of titles I don't know well.

And yes, I did vote. After all the results are published, I will post my top ten list (well, actually I ended up with a top twenty...but only the first ranked ten counted for the poll).

ETA: I've decided to keep updating this post with links as Betsy keeps putting up her posts, so eventually links to all entries can be found here. Fun note following her fifth post today (Feb. 12): actually only one of my top ten has made the poll so far (I was thinking two, but forgot that I'd had to drop the other book down into my second ten due to limited space). But a handful of books in my unofficial top twenty-five, and several other books I love, have made the cut! And of course, my TBR list is growing...

No comments: