Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Before March Slips Away: Birthday Flower Portraits



I had a lovely birthday last week. It rained (as it often does on my birthday; I've got wonderful rainy birthday memories!) and we went downtown to the conservatory to drink in great quantities of spring beauty. It's been quite cold here with trees barely in bud, so seeing quantities of blossoms in warm greenhouse conditions was balm to every weary part of me.

I could easily spend at least one day a week in the conservatory and never grow tired of it.

Thank you God for most this amazing day...



3 comments:

Erin said...

Were those photos taken at the conservatory? They're beautiful! Seems like a wonderful way to spend one's birthday!

Beth said...

Yes! I took them...and had a wonderful time doing so. :-) It was a beautiful rainy/misty day (which I think you can tell from the backgrounds of a couple) and that just seemed to make the colors more brilliant.

Glad you enjoyed them!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.