Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!


Yes, I'm a day late, but I had to fight round 2 of the terrible intestinal virus (it's apparently that and not flu) and spent yesterday in bed again. Let me tell you, it's really no fun getting blitzed by the same germ twice when you haven't had a chance to recover from the first round.

At least my pajamas are green, so I was still in proper St. Patty's Day attire, if not quite the outfit I was hoping to wear!

Here's what I was planning to post yesterday, in honor of the feast day of one of my favorite saints:

My review of our family's favorite picture book on the life of St. Patrick, Tomie DePaola's Patrick: Patron Saint of Ireland.

A link to Bob Hartman's book Early Saints of God, which contains a wonderful profile/story about Patrick for young listeners. This is a great book we've used extensively for the past couple of years, especially during November (following All Saints Day). I think it's out of print, but Amazon still has a number of used copies, some of them quite inexpensive.

The recipe for Irish Soda Bread that the sweet girl and I had planned to make yesterday. My nausea and exhaustion prevented that one, but we hope to make it soon. If anyone beats us to it, let us know how it turns out!

5 comments:

Erin said...

Aw, I'm sorry you spent St. Patrick's Day sick. :( We had the traditional corned beef and cabbage and watched Jakers...men

Beth said...

I'm on the mend now but Dana has it. What a week this has been in our household! I will be glad when we're done with it!

Glad you had a nice Irish meal. :-)

Can't wait to hear what you thought of LOST last night...

Erin said...

Hmm, not sure how I ended up with half a word tacked onto the end of my comment there... :-P Ugh, that's lousy that now Dana's sick too! No fun at all. And LOST... quite the head-scratcher!

Erin said...

Related to nothing, but knowing your love of Eric Carle, you've gotta check out Google!!

Beth said...

Oh fun...that's right! It's Very Hungry Caterpillar Day!