Friday, April 09, 2010

Woo-Hoo for Wrinkle!

Yes! And number 2 in the Top 100 Children's Novels is indeed A Wrinkle in Time. Given my deep love for Madeleine L'Engle's work, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I decided to let out a big "Whoop!" right here.

In fact, let's give this one "O, wonderful, wonderful, and most wonderful wonderful! and yet again wonderful, and after that out of all whooping." I love that quote, from Shakespeare's As You Like It. And guess where I learned it?

Yep. Thank you, Madeleine.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hip hip hooray!! :D You're 3 for 3 now... Something tells me you'll be right about number one too! It would be utterly inconceivable for Charlotte's Web not to have made the list at all...

Beth said...

Yep...I agree. S. keeps asking me if I'm "absolutely sure" that Charlotte will be number one, and I keep saying yes. :-)

I actually did pretty well in this poll. 9 of the 10 books I voted for made the top 100. And the only one that didn't, Betsy and Tacy Go Over the Big Hill, wasn't one I really expected to make it. It's the third book in a series, and at least the series was represented (the original Betsy-Tacy made it at #70). I had a hard time choosing which B-T book to put on my list, but in the end Big Hill won out, even though I figured it wouldn't garner many votes.