Wednesday, June 23, 2010

N.D. Wilson to Write "The Great Divorce" Screenplay

Well, here's a bit of interesting news: children's author and professor of classical rhetoric, N.D. Wilson, is on board to write the screenplay for the film version of The Great Divorce.

Tell me how you feel about this, Lewis fans!

I found it interesting news on two fronts: 1) I had no idea they were planning to make a film of The Great Divorce and 2) I'm intrigued by the choice of Wilson for the screenplay.

Wilson, in case you're scratching your head, is the author of the 100 Cupboards trilogy I mentioned in my Book Notes post last week. I just posted my review of Dandelion Fire, the second book in the 100 Cupboards trilogy.

It's been quite a while since I've revisited The Great Divorce. It came up quite a bit in the Hogshead conversation regarding the finale of LOST, which inspired me to put it on my TBR-R ("to be re-read") list. Now I think it's just moved to the top of the re-read pile.

4 comments:

Erin said...

It's at the top of my list as well, also because of all the LOST discussion, except I've never read it before. It's one of those books I've been aware of for ages but never read... Interesting to hear that there will be a movie! I'm definitely intrigued!

Beth said...

It's a very good book, but it's been ages since I've read it! I think the first time I encountered it was during a small book discussion group I was part of a lot of years ago. (Definitely feeling my age right now...)

Do you think you'd be up for reading it soon? Maybe we could read it at the same time and have some conversations. :-)

Erin said...

Sure! Sounds good to me! 8-) Just put it on hold at the library...

Beth said...

Yay! Let me know when you want to get rolling. I checked, and I still have our copy on the shelf.

Maybe we could do a read-through and invite some other folks to discuss with us if they wanted...