Monday, February 07, 2011

Long Overdue Post...in All Sorts of Ways

I didn't mean to fall off the face of the blogging world. It's just been a challenging and busy couple of weeks here at semester's beginning. Lots going on work-wise, but even more going on in our family and in my struggling heart. More about some of that later.

I realized today I was long overdue to write a blog post, and even more overdue to write a gratitude post. It's a multitude Monday! Given the levels of stress I've been experiencing (and surrendering over and over) in recent days, I know the "counting blessings" exercise is more important than ever. So here goes...

107. We weathered January. And we did "weather" it in almost every sense of the word!

108. Some recent email exchanges, cards and notes with/from farflung friends. These have been a bigger source of encouragement than probably most of them know.

109. Eric Metaxas' wonderful biography of Dietrich Bonhoeffer. Speaking of overdue posts...I am now many days overdue wanting to write about this deeply moving book.

110. My precious husband. As we go through hard times together, I am daily reminded of how much I love him...and all the many reasons why.

111. Music that's good for the weary soul. Desplat's Deathly Hallows score; Mahler's 7th; Jeff Johnson's Frio Suite; Patsy Cline.

112. Literary birthdays, which help add fun and celebration to ordinary days. Today we get both Laura Ingalls Wilder and Charles Dickens!

113. The continued sustaining of my dad's health.

114. My niece's beautiful January wedding...and the wonder of being able to see so photos so quickly after (one of those Facebook blessings).

I can't seem to find the Multitude Monday logo, but I did find this old photo I took a few years ago..and one that seems appropriate for counting blessings. Yes, that's the sweet girl's little hand in the sunlight - I remember those snowmen pajamas! I think she must have been around four or five when I took this picture.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Great post! And that photo is gorgeous. All those colors really pop out at you - and are grand to see on such a very white day! ;)

Beth said...

Thanks, Erin! I've been missing blogging a lot...hoping to get back into the rhythm. Glad you enjoyed the photo!