Saturday, March 23, 2013

Spring Excavation…I Mean, Cleaning…Has Begun


Baby, it’s cold outside (well, chilly still) and my list of items misplaced in the built-up winter clutter of my home was getting longer and longer. Thus today I began to spring clean.

I’m  a few hours in, and thus far have found some interesting things as I dig deep into the mess to clean and organize. Here’s a list of a few things I’ve found so far (some useful, some fun, some that make me nostalgic…and none, alas, the library book I REALLY need to find…)

~My cutting board (don’t ask, but it’s been missing in action for a long time)
~Component parts to an ancient Roman city made from air dried clay
~One lone mitten my daughter wore when she was about three (she’ll be 11 this summer)
~A Bingo card for an episode of LOST, made a few years back by my friend Erin
~My blackline maps for world history, which we could have used in school last week

I’ll keep adding as the fun continues!

4 comments:

Free Range Anglican said...

Ah yes, hence the words "Bedscavation" and "Deskavation."

Erin said...

Hooray for lost treasures! I always like that about spring cleaning too. Hope that the library book turns up soon! They can be such elusive creatures...

Beth said...

"Deskavation" is always intriguing! You never know what you may turn up in the cubby holes...

Beth said...

Hmm. Is that a pun, Erin? LOST treasures? (I thought it was so funny I found one of the old Bingo cards...)