Sunday, November 12, 2006

Bedtime prayer

My dear little daughter has been praying more out loud recently, wanting to be the one to say grace or insisting that we all pray a short prayer at bedtime (taking turns).

She started the bedtime prayers off this evening, and I found my own heart smiling over her heartfelt litany, which went something like this.

"Dear Jesus, thank you for everything you've made. Thank you for lots of stuff like the sun and the moon and the stars. And thank you for sea anemones also. Amen."

(Yes, in case you're wondering, we've been reading a book with sea anemones in it... Swimmy, by Leo Lionni.)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Hehehe, I got to the end of her prayer and I had to let out a hearty chuckle. Heartfelt indeed - and I'm impressed with a 4-year-old who can pronounced the word "anenomes"! ;)

Beth said...

Yah, and she actually did a pretty good job pronouncing it too! (I'm still amazed when I remember that less than two years ago, I was still seriously concerned that she might never talk...)

Hmmm...what are we both doing up at this hour, eh? :-) Must get to bed now!