Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Bread and...Hyacinths!

This is just too wonderful and funny.

Just a few hours after I posted my long, rambling post below (see "Bread and Roses") I found this amazing little poem on another blog:

If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft,
And from thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left,
Sell one, and with the dole
Buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.
- Saadi (a Persian poet)


Doesn't this just capture the heart of my ramblings?

By the way, it was posted at www.acircleofquiet.blogspot.com -- an absolutely lovely blog. I check it about 2-3 times a month. I don't know the woman who writes it; it's a treasure I found a few months ago, linking from the blog of a friend of a friend of a friend, I think. Although I don't know her, her site often blesses my life and provides me with moments of beauty (some of the "imagined roses" I mentioned before). Isn't it great...the internet can indeed be a means of transmitting good and gracious things!

No comments: