Monday, April 03, 2006

"The Weight of All My Dreams..."

I've not posted much this past week, and doubt I'll have much chance to in the coming week either. Having to let go of some things right now in a quest to survive and to not give in under the weight of some tremendous stress.

It's not quite Holy week yet, but I think God might be preparing me to walk a passion kind of road. It's hard.

Needing to flee to the life of Jesus. Needing to rest in his arms.

A pause for poetry in the midst of everything. This from W.B. Yeats.

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No comments: