Friday, April 07, 2006

A few more poetry "life/lines"

More lines of poetry keep coming to me:

"Hope is the thing with feathers/that perches in the soul..."

"When despair for the world grows in me..."

"He counted every snowflake as it fell..."

"I shall arise and go now, and go to Innisfree"

"I took the road less traveled by and that has made all the difference"

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

"Little Lamb, who made thee?"

"I who have died am alive again today"

2 comments:

Erin said...

Have you ever heard the song "The Isle of Innisfree"? The Irish Rovers and Celtic Woman have performed it, and probably several other Irish groups as well. It uses the recurring theme music from "The Quiet Man" and the general idea of the poem you quote, and in the end it's a really lovely song, one of my favorite Rovers tunes. :)

Beth said...

I can't believe this, but I've never heard the Irish Rovers (at least I don't think so). I like so many Irish/Celtic bands...I must remedy this sometime!

I wrote an undergraduate thesis on Yeats, and Innisfree is one of my favorite of his poems...I put it to music a couple of years back so I could sing it as a lullaby to Sarah!

Beth