Sunday, March 25, 2007

On the Eve of 39...

Yes, I turn 39 tomorrow. And what movie did we rent and watch tonight? Tuck Everlasting. Essentially a poetic fairy-tale that, at least in some senses, lauds growing old and reflects on how the knowledge that we'll one day die helps us value and live each moment fully. Hmmm! Interesting movie choice!

I was realizing tonight that we've lived in our little "post-industrial town that time forgot" for almost a decade now. The first birthday I ever celebrated here was my 30th. Feels like a very long time ago!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Interesting movie. I found it rather melancholy, but... in a good way, I think. I ought to read the book one of these days...

Beth said...

The book is a good read, though it's been several years since I've read it. I was pleasantly surprised that the movie didn't syrup up the ending or change it so that it was less melancholy. I'm hoping to review it sometime this week!